Chase Brexton Health Care will join communities and organizations around the world in celebration of National Honor Our LGBT Elders Day on Tuesday, May 16th, a day of recognition established by Chase Brexton’s own LGBT Health Resource Center. The challenges, struggles, and triumphs of older LGBT adults who fought for greater freedoms will be highlighted during a special event from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Baltimore Eagle (2022 North Charles Street, Baltimore).
Community members will highlight an LGBT elder who made a difference in their life. Featured speakers include:
• Catherine Hyde, PFLAG Howard County
• James Burrell, The Power Project of Chase Brexton Health Care
• Felicia French, Baltimore City Department of Aging (retired)
• Peter Dayton, Mr. Maryland Leather 2017
• Merrick Moses, State’s Attorney’s Office
• Nancy West, Faith Communities with Pride
• Carrietta Heirs, LGBT elder activist
• And, in the tradition of storytelling, a selection from a volunteer audience member.
Tickets are $25 or “pay what you can,” and include food, soda, and a commemorative gift, and are available by visiting Tinyurl.com/2017lgbtelderday. Interested individuals may also “pay it forward” by sponsoring a ticket for someone in the community.
Information will also be available about SAGECAP Baltimore, a joint program between the LGBT Health Resource Center and SAGE (Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders) which offers support to LGBT older adults and caregivers.
This evening of stories and conversation was made possible with the generous support of PNC Bank.