The Keystone State Gay Rodeo Association will be holding their annual royalty competition, February 24th at 704 Lounge (704 3rd Street, Harrisburg) starting at 3 pm.
What is Rodeo Royalty? The royalty program consists of the royalty candidates of Mr., Ms., Miss, and Mister KSGRA. The royalty candidates help fundraise and promote the organization and rodeo throughout the local and regional community and throughout the US. Those that are sashed as royalty also have the ability to compete for the IGRA (International Gay Rodeo Association) Royalty team in November 2018.
Why compete? To spread the word about the awesome events that KSGRA holds including the Keystone State Charity Rodeo, June 22nd to 24th, 2018 as well as helping raise funds for the local and regional community.
The Keystone State Charity Rodeo is an all-inclusive, family-friendly unique rodeo experience and community event. Men, women, members of the LGBTQ community and their straight allies will be competing equally in all rodeo events.
Who is eligible to compete? Anyone who joins KSGRA as a member and has a commitment to furthering the mission is eligible to compete. The mission of the Keystone State Gay Rodeo Association is to foster and promote a country lifestyle and rodeo in Pennsylvania through:
• Encouraging participation in country and rodeo events
• Educating and training individuals that may compete in IGRA-sanctioned rodeos
• Sponsoring events such as trail rides, cookouts, horse shows, and other events
• Engaging with charity partners to provide support and services to selected community organizations
If you enjoy some of the following things KSGRA may be for you:
• Social Events
• Country music and dancing.
• Meeting new people and making new friends.
• Helping other community organizations by volunteering and raising much-need funds.
• Trail riding, open horse shows, and other horse related events.
For more information about the Keystone State Gay Rodeo Association or to become a member and compete in the royalty competition, visit KSGRA.org.
- Current Issue2020.09.11Mental Health Moment – September is Suicide Prevention Month
- Current Issue2020.08.27What Older Adults are Doing to Promote Racial Justice
- Current Issue2020.08.27Mental Health Moment: Managing “Back-to-the-New-Normal” Anxiety
- Current Issue2020.07.17MENTAL HEALTH MOMENT – You Are So Beautiful