The first day of February marked a big moment for The LGBT Health Resource Center team as we began a new era of mission focus with a new name and brand identity, becoming The Center for LGBTQ Health Equity, a Chase Brexton Center of Excellence.
We have conducted extensive market research and done some organizational soul searching with support from our marketing and communications team and a very talented local branding firm, Devaney & Associates. With our new name and brand comes a clear mission: to create health equity for LGBTQ patients in our communities and around the world through better health care services, education, and advocacy. We will focus our work in these key areas.
- Ending discrimination, stigma, bias, and misinformation in our health care systems through health care provider training and education.
- Reducing fear and mistrust of health care systems within the LGBTQ community through affirming and informed health care services.
- Improving health benefits for LGBTQ people through workplace training and public advocacy.
- Promoting the health care needs and rights of LGBTQ people.
Our patients and stakeholders can expect us to continue to provide training and education to health care providers. We want to ensure that all providers, regardless of where they work, are trained and prepared to provide welcoming, affirming, and well-informed health care for LGBTQ people. Each of our courses will provide continuing education credits to keep LGBTQ health equity on par with all other educational priorities for providers. Our health equity training team will also launch a patient education series in 2021. We will continue to provide patient navigation and access to all the services of Chase Brexton Health Care, primary care for all ages, including gender care, case management, behavioral health, psychiatry, dental, and pharmacy.
We share this announcement to our stakeholders with humility and gratitude for all the hearts and hands that built this institution, starting as an all-volunteer STD clinic for gay men in 1978. Bringing affirming heath care to LGBTQ communities over the past 41 years has been our great honor. We will take all that we have learned and continue to learn every day and educate providers everywhere.
We are very proud of our expanding training program and we join many peer organizations, established and emerging, who also offer this expertise. We look forward to collaborative and collegial relationships with all who share our vision and mission.
For more, visit our new webpage at www.chasebrexton.org/LGBTQ.
- Chase Brexton Healthcare2021.02.12Announcing the All-New Center for LGBTQ Health Equity
- Chase Brexton Healthcare2020.10.16On National Coming Out Day, Come Out For What is Right and Just
- Chase Brexton Healthcare2020.08.27On National Health Center Week, Remembering Chase Brexton’s Roots
- Chase Brexton Healthcare2020.06.19Riding the News Roller Coaster, and Finding Our Place in the Fight