Tone and Lean- 3-5 Sets of 12 Reps at a consistent and moderate weight.
Bulk and Build- 6-8 Sets of 8 to 15 Reps increase the weight and lower the reps with each set until it’s challenging to complete the set.
1. Overhead Barbell Press– holding the barbell right under your chin, press straight up, and overhead locking your elbows out at full extension. The bar should end up directly over your head with your eyes looking forward
2. Arnold Press– holding the dumbbells with your palms facing you at shoulder height, press and rotate so your palms end up facing forward and overhead
3. Lateral Dumbbell Raise– start holding the weights at yours sides and raise up to shoulder height, keeping the elbows slightly bent
4. Rear Deltoid Fl – with Dumbbells, lay face down on an adjustable bench at a 45º angle, keeping the arms straight raise the dumbbells backwards while keeping chest and stomach flat on the bench. (Start with lighter weight than you would use for a regular shoulder exercise)
5. Alternating Dumbbell Curls– holding weights in each hand, lift one weight at a time to shoulder height moving only at the elbow keeping the palms facing out
6. Concentration Dumbbell Curls– sitting on a bench, hold a weight in one hand keeping that elbow against the inside of the thigh. Slowly lift the weight towards your chest with the palm facing the chest then pause at the top squeezing the biceps.
7. Rope/Band Curl – hook a rope onto a cable system at the bottom or stand on the middle of a band, keeping the palms facing each other lift the weight towards your chin
8. Skull Crushers– Lay on your back and hold 2 dumbbells over yourself. Bending only at the elbows slowly lower the weights towards your forehead. Be sure to maintain control during this lift and DO NOT fulfill its name!
9. French Press– Place a dumbbell overhead, and bend at the elbows toward the ground, allowing the weight to drop behind your head, press back up until elbows are fully extended.
10. Rope triceps press down– Place a rope on a cable machine at the top, keep the elbows tucked into your sides and press the rope down slightly pulling apart at the end until your arms are fully extended
Good luck and let us know how it goes!